Monday, July 25, 2011

Thankful

What a great weekend away that was...  It made me realize I'm thankful for so many things.  Here are a few. 

- My daughter.  She may make me crazy and be the sassiest 5 year old around, but I wouldn't trade her for the world.  The times we have together, make me appreciate her and the vice grip she has on my heart.  She saved me in so many ways these last few years.  I love her so much.   

- Girlfriends.  They are my true north.  They are the air I need to breathe.  They are my saving grace at times. 

- I'm thankful for being a mommy that hasn't had to change who I am.  I'm still the same fun, crazy girl that has been around for almost 38 years, I just happen to also be a mommy now.  I can still drink beer, laugh my ass off and be crazy stupid with my girlfriends.  I haven't let motherhood "define" who I am, and that truly is something I'm thankful for. 

- My home.  We drove through some of the worst flooding I've ever seen and it humbled me.  I can't imagine what all those people are going through and how they are dealing with losing their homes/farms because of the massive flooding we've had this summer... it was heart wrenching to see.

- My iPad.  One 5 year old plus 3 1/2 hour car ride.  Nuff said. 

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment