Monday, July 18, 2011

Sometimes wishes do come true...



I have been single - ish since the summer of 2008 when the X and I separated.  It's been an interesting almost three years full of some good dates, one or two real relationships, terrible dates, horrendous dates and humorous dates.  All in all - I wouldn't change a thing!  Those douchebags guys made me who I am today.

Since last winter (about 8 months ago) I've been stone cold single and I've loved every second.  I've been able to spend so.much.time with The Stinker and my friends.  I have been able to concentrate on ME.  I learned who I really am and where I really want to be. 

I realized that while yes, I'm that girl who really does believe in fairytales and happily ever after.... I don't want to be with just anyone!  There need to be some sparks, some va va voom, some grown up communication!!  If I can't find that, then I'm perfectly happy being me.  A single me.   

I was on eHarmony this winter and got matched with someone that happened to be in Afghanistan.  He is from here, was going through a divorce and I'm sure he was super lonely half a world away.  He was looking to truly get to know someone and have a "pen pal ship" from across the ocean.  He was adorable, funny and it was fun to get an email once or twice a day from a handsome soldier. 

Well, fast forward to July and I'm head over heels in love.  Yep.  Love sucker punched me right in the gut with this one.  Crazy thing is, I think he feels the same way.  He comes home to Nebraska in about 5 days and I will find out weather this will finally be happily ever after for me....

To be continued.....

2 comments:

  1. In all fairness at least one of those douchebags really liked you. In fact he still thinks about you every time he hears this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7TFWV5m-WY and it still makes him sad when he thinks about what you did. c'est la vie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... thanks for the passive agressive "anonymous" comment. Not sure who this is, but the only person that I truly hurt would never read my blog... So much for unmonitered comments.

    ReplyDelete