Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V Day!

Does anyone else not really give a shit about this stooopid holiday? 

It's trite and cheesy, but I think when in a relationship the romance should be there every day.  Not only on some Hallmark created day in the middle of the dreariest month of the year.

It's been quite a few years since I've had anyone in my life on this day and that's honestly ok with me. 

This year I have The Fox.  Everything is new with us, so there won't be grand gestures or big displays of affection tonight, which is a good thing.  I'm not ready to be there yet.  Spending a nice quiet evening at my house with someone I truly enjoy being with should be the perfect way to end this day.  

I would be just as happy being at home with The Stinker if The Fox wasn't around to spend time with.  That realization is how I know I'm doing completely fine on my own.  This chick doesn't need no stinkin man on this dumb "holiday".  I have an amazing little girl, fantastic friends, a warm lovely home.... I would not be crying in my wine tonight alone over the fact I'm "single". 

Life is just fine.... but some lovin tonight would be good, too.  I'm only human. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment