Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blast from the past

Sometimes life can be funny. 

There is someone that I dated almost 4 years ago that will pop into my mind from time to time.  He's that one guy "that got away".  I'm not pining for him, but he's someone that will occasionally come to mind.  I wonder what he's up to, how his kids are doing.  Normal stuff like that.  A comment here last year made me think of him and I even sent him an email (gasp! I know, right?) to see how he was doing.  It was nice to hear from him (yes, he responded) and to know that he doesn't hate my guts enough to never speak to me again.

THEN for the first time in four years, this past weekend... I saw him.  I went out with the Fox (you'll learn more about him later) and the moment he mentioned stopping at a particular bar, I thought of the ex.  I know his girlfriend used to frequent this place due to the type of music they play, but it was a busy Saturday night and I figured there was no way they'd be there. 

Wrong.  As the Fox and I walked around looking for a seat - there they were.  She had her back to me and he was next to her rubbing her back.  She looked stunning as usual and he was as cute as ever.  The good thing is, I don't think he saw me. 

I'm happy.  He's happy.  It was good to see him.  He looked good and they looked content together  That's a good thing.  I hope I looked the same.  Someday, I know I will.

1 comment: