Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Butterflies

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies" - Carrie Bradshaw SATC
  

I've been on two dates with someone in the last week or so.  While this isn't earth shattering news, the butterflies this man gives me have knocked me right on my ass. 

I need to always remember to settle for nothing less than butterflies.  I can't settle for convenience, or friendship, or good sex.  Butterflies.  All those other things will fall into place with time. 

I love this feeling.  I get a goofy grin on my face each time my phone lights up with a text from him.  I smile from ear to ear when I hear him say I'm beautiful or sexy.  I get that butterfly feeling in my stomach when he reaches across the table, touches my face and then kisses me.  To hear him say "hey darlin', I think I'm going to kiss you on New Years eve this year".  Swoon.

Who knows, this guy may not stick around.  Heck, he might not be around long enough for me to give him a name on here.  I'd love for this to work but honestly if it doesn't last that's ok, too.  I'm able to appreciate this feeling and to remember that this feeling.  What I'm feeling right now?  Exactly what I've been waiting for.  I'm worth butterflies and I'll enjoy every second of them while I can.  I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything in the world. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're in love with the FEELING first. Such a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm getting caught up on my blog reading, I have to ask ...

    Is he still around? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no. Soon after this post he disappeared. Then reappeared trying to be my "friend" around Christmas. Yeah, that didn't work. :(

      Delete