Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Big sigh

Why does it always feel like I'm the guy in a relationship? 

I'm the one that is level headed, non dramatic, I usually don't over think things, I don't mince words, I own my own home and am generally a grown up in life, I am not overly emotional, I'm fun in the bedroom, I am very independent...

I'm not sure what it happening with Capt Ron, but I'm pretty sure what we had is falling apart.  Big time.

He's a great guy, but there are too many things working against us.  He lives an hour and a half away and while that isn't a huge distance, it doesn't work.  I can handle long distance, but he doesn't call. He doesn't text.  We go 2 weeks at a time without seeing each other and not talking much in between.  That's not what I want right now.  I'm 38 freaking years old.  I'm ready for a real relationship.     

For the first time in years I introduced someone to my daughter, my friends, my life.  I actually put pictures of us on Facebook.  I've NEVER done that with someone I've dated.  What tells me this isn't "forever" is that I'm more disappointed and sad about those things, than sad about losing him.  I don't want to be the single girl yet again.  I don't want to have to talk about how "we aren't together anymore".  The whole things sucks.

I don't want to be the dude in the relationship anymore.. I want to cry, pout, kick and scream but as usual, I won't.

2 comments:

  1. Cry. Pout. Scream.

    You deserve to be valued. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my dear? Rock. Exactly what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete