Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Is this thing on??

I've always been a fair-weather blogger and for the past few months I just haven't had the time or energy to come here and bare my life and soul.  Not a huge amount going on.  I've basically been enjoying my new home, getting the most out of every second of summer and trying to find my happily ever after.  Hey... 2 out of 3 happening isn't bad, right?!?! 

This summer was one of the best I've had in years.  I was lucky enough to fine a new "family" in a NW Iowa resort town where I've been going every summer since I was a short little red headed person.  This summer was different, though.  My aunt and uncle rented a home in a community that has become my happy place.  I met so many amazing people and spent so many drunk fun days and nights on the lake with family and friends.  I wouldn't trade a second of this summer for anything in the world.  I've always been a summer girl and even more so a water girl being happiest by a lake, ocean or swimming pool.  Recently Aunt and Uncle decided to buy their own piece of paradise and let their rental home go.  Guess who snatched up that rental faster than a fat kid at a cake buffet.... THIS GIRL!  I will have my very own summer home from April to November next year and I can't wait!  I see a TON of miles being put on my car and almost no weekends at home in Omaha.  It's going to be epic. 


I also spent a fair amount of time this summer trying to "get back out there" as my friends put it.  Yeah.  Dumb decision.  I'll go into specifics in later posts (I could wring about 2947 posts on my shitty dating life and all it's ridiculousness) but for the most part it was a total disaster.  Now it's winter ish and back I'm in hermit mode I want to punch anyone in the throat that is happy and in love.  We'll see how that plays out... heh. 


All in all - dating life aside - things are good in this Sassy Momma's world.  We'll see what's next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment