Thursday, January 10, 2013

SOLD

Well, I did it.  I really did it. 

About 4 months ago when the BFF started talking about the new home that she and her family were going to build in 2013 it got me to thinking about my own home situation. 

I own an adorable house that really is perfect for The Stinker and I... or is it? 

The kitchen is the smallest in the history of homes with 4 full size cabinets TOTAL.  Now I'm not much of a cooker, but I do love to entertain which can't happen in my current house due to space.  There are a few other minuscule things that annoyed me about my house, but nothing major. 

I started looking at houses that I could build in a neighborhood closer to my X (yes, I know it's weird) and to The Stinker's school.  With the ridiculously low interest rates right now I could build a brand new home worth about 20K more than my current place and still have the same mortgage payment each month.  Did I want to do it?  HELLZ YES.

Soooo... I listed my home with a realtor (ended up hating her, but whatev) and started the whole process.  Per the builder I was using, I had 90 days to get my home sold - now mind you this 90 days was going to include Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year - not really the best time of the year to sell.  I had a long winter ahead of me.

I started the building process with the new house.  I chose an beautiful lot with trees behind me (no back neighbors - EVER) that is close to a park.  I also chose the interior features and most importantly picked out a BEAUTIFUL kitchen that I can't wait to see in person.  

Then I had to wait.  I really started to lose hope that this would ever happen because I wasn't sure my house would sell in 90 days.  I had 10-20 showings some weeks, but no offers.  I really only told a few people what I was trying to do because I didn't want to be that girl crying wolf about the new beautiful house that I would end up never living in.

Well, guess what???  I accepted a great offer on Monday and it's officially SOLD!!

I get my new pretty house!!!!

1 comment: