Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm going to try and do this on a regular basis.  I've been pretty down this week and I really do need to remember how very much I have to be thankful for.

I'm thankful to have a sassy, yet very well behaved little girl compared to a lot of kids I know.  She makes my heart smile and I love her dearly.

I'm thankful that I live in a place where I can enjoy the changing seasons.  Yes - I bitch and moan about winter every freaking year, but when you get right down to it I'd be sad to miss the fall and spring.  I love this time of year. 

I'm thankful for my ex.  Yes... strangest statement ever, but I am.  I'm thankful that I have a very amicable divorce and that he and I were able to remain friends.
 
I'm thankful for a very cool and understanding boss.  She is amazing to work for and I feel lucky to know that someone truly has my back at work.  That's a good feeling. 
 
I'm so thankful with a renewed relationship with my favorite aunt. 
 
 
What are you all thankful for today?  




2 comments:

  1. Hi.

    I don't know if I've ever commented here before. I just recently discovered that I was on your blog roll to begin with (thank you Wordpress stats!).

    I just wanted to say that many of us women who are in the "healthy" weight zone are still tortured by thoughts of how we look. Many of us agonize over the food we eat, how much we do or don't exercise, or those unflattering angles in Facebook photos. Though we may look different than you on the outside, we feel many of the same things.

    Now, having said that, I don't want to diminish anything that you've written or what you feel. I understand that society sees overweight people in a different light than "healthy" weight people. I'm certainly under no illusions there. Just wanted to point out that perhaps some of your "thin" friends can relate to how you're feeling more than you know.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Momma. :) You are absolutely right and I know my thinner friends also struggle with self image issues.
    I just think it's less difficult to struggle with those issues when you have the ability to walk into any store and pick up size 27 jeans or their XS top and look amazing without much effort.
    That doesn't diminish what they are feeling it just makes it tougher for us bigger girls to deal.
    It's frustrating for EVERY woman, I think.

    ReplyDelete